VineSeed ML アーカイブ

[VineSeed:028896] Research survey: Impact of Microsoft Acquisition of GitHub

  • From: "Asavaseri Natnaree" <natnaree.asavaseri.mt9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [VineSeed:028896] Research survey: Impact of Microsoft Acquisition of GitHub
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 12:08:01 +0900
Dear Vine Linux,

I am Natnaree Asavaseri and currently undertaking a research internship at Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan. Note that we are not biased to either GitHub or Microsoft, and this is purely from an empirical research perspective.

As a part of my research in the field of Software Engineering (SE), my professors and I are analyzing the impact of Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub. The main purpose of my survey is understanding how developers perceive the Microsoft's acquisition of GitHub, especially from contributors to Linux distributions and BSD families. If the survey is successful, we will publish our findings at SE academic venues (journals or conference).

So please consider voicing your opinion by allowing us up to 5 minutes to complete my short survey.

https://goo.gl/forms/lbIL5qsinDRQyTaK2

We would like to remind you that participation in this survey is completely voluntary and your identity is hidden for anonymity. Thank you for your time in advance.

Best regards,

Natnaree (cc Shade, Raula, Hideaki)
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan