vine-users ML アーカイブ

[vine-users:067911] Re: Software Suspend について

  • From: Masa Takahashi <masa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [vine-users:067911] Re: Software Suspend について
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:31:17 +0900
こんばんわ、政です。

# SMPも使ってませんし、Software Suspendも使用していないので、正確な
# 情報では無いかもしれませんが.....

K.Moriyama wrote:
> 森山です。
>
>   そういえば smp Kernel では、Dual 動作に問題が有るので
> Software Suspend の パッチを抜いていましたね...
>
>   とういう事は、私の場合はどのみちダメですね...
>
> #  smp じゃないシステムを組む時に参考にします。(予定も有るし...)

http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/#2.0 に以下の様な記述があります(抜粋)

30 January 2004: Software Suspend hits 2.0!

Software Suspend 2.0 for Linux 2.4 and 2.6 kernels is now available. The
2.0 release is a major advance over previous versions and includes the
following features:

* Support for Highmem (up to 4GB), SMP (on 2.4, 2.6 soon) and preemptive
kernels.
* Support for any number of swap partitions and/or files.
* Full asynchronous I/O and readahead for synchronous I/O for maximum
throughput.
* Image compression (LZF and GZIP - the former is very fast and highly
recommended).
* Support for saving a full image of your memory, resulting in a fast,
responsive system after resuming.
* Support for plugins: data transformers (compression, encryption) and
new storage backends (NFS support is planned).
* Nice user interface (Bootsplash compatible).
* The ability to specify a maximum image size.
* The ability to cancel a suspend by pressing Escape (for security, this
can be disabled).
* Speed and reliability - Software Suspend 2.0 has been extensively
tested in a variety of configurations over many months. It is not
guaranteed to be perfect, but bugs found will be hunted and fixed quickly.

VineLinuxのkernelの実態がわからないので、正確な事は言えませんが、上記の
記述を見る限り、SMPのkernelも使えそうですし、"スワップパーティション"
のみならず"スワップファイル"も利用可能なようです。

なので、「/」にでも空き領域が、おありならパーティションを切り直さずとも
"スワップファイル"でも可能かもしれません。
(アクセス速度については"スワップパーティション"の方が高速だと思います)